Reading books is a great way to start the conversation about Kindergarten with your child. Books can spark topics about your child’s fears about starting school and help them learn what to expect at school. Here are some good titles:
- First Day Jitters by Julie Danneber
- Kindergarten Rocks! by Katie Davis
- Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes
- Off to Kindergarten by Tony Johnston
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
- Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten by Joseph Slate
- The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing
- First Day of School by Mercer Mayer
- I Love You All Day Long by Francesca Rusackas
- Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come! By Nancy Carlson
What are some of your favorite children’s books about starting school?
IS YOUR DAY EARLY LEARNING CHILD TRANSITIONING TO KINDERGARTEN next year?
Take advantage of a Kindergarten-Readiness Family Connect Conference today! Day Early Learning’s Family Connect Partners can guide you through the enrollment process, answer your questions and give you additional tools to ensure that your child is kindergarten ready. Learn more or sign up today.
Faiza Serang is Day Early Learning’s Family Engagement Specialist. In this role, Faiza develops and implements family engagement strategies that focus on promoting kindergarten readiness for students and families. She also supports Day Early Learning Center teachers and staff on family engagement best practices.